Site map Press Kontact YouTube Facebook

THE MUSEUM OF AVIATION

The Museum of Aviation managed by the Slovak Technical Museum in Košice was opened in August 2003. It is situated in he area of the international airport at Košice. It houses older aviation technologies consisting especially of a precious collection of aircraft engines, measurement equipments and navigation instruments used in the airplanes. A special and the most important group of the exhibition presents the collections of the original aircrafts. They are mainly warplanes of following types: MIG-15, MIG-21, helicopters, fighter bomber SU-22, fighter SU-15 TM, an agricultural Z-37 A called "Bumblebee", glider VT 116 Orlík, sailplane (ultralight)Mitchel B-10, with total number of 18 original aircrafts.

Read more: THE MUSEUM OF AVIATION

J. M. PETZVAL´S MUSEUM IN SPIŠSKÁ BELÁ

History: Prof. Dr. Ing. Jozef Maximilián Petzval (1807-1891) a mathematician, physicist, inventor, founder of the modern optics and photograph. He was born at Spišská Belá in the family of a teacher of Moravian origin. Petzval studied philosophy and later the Institute of Geometry in Pest, where in 1828 graduated and in 1832 he received a degree of a doctor. Since 1835 he was a professor at this University. In 1937 he went to the University of Vienna at the Department of Mathematics, where he taught till 1827.

Read more: J. M. PETZVAL´S MUSEUM IN SPIŠSKÁ BELÁ

The Transport Museum in Bratislava

The Slovak Technical Museum as
a nationwide museum institution for
the history of science, production and
technology supported the establishment
of the Transport Museum in
Bratislava in 1999. The permanent exposure
is presented by a rare col lection
of historical road and rail
ve hic les, which have been assembled
through the efforts of a group of enthusiasts
for the history of transport
technology. The first exposure was
created in 1999 thanks to three subjects:
The Slovak Technical Museum
Košice, The Slovak Railways and Veteran
Club Bratislava, with the support
of sponsor PPA Controll, a. s.

Read more: The Transport Museum in Bratislava

MANOR HOUSE IN BUDIMÍR

Achitectonically remarkable mansion-house at Budimír is by its localization and impresness wele visible from the road leding from Košice. It is situated near to a side-line of the motor-way connecting Košice and Prešov in the south-east part of the village Budimír. The building of the mansion-house was built in the second third of the 18th century. It is a classical theresian building with later inner adaptation in 1812. The two-storeyed threewing building with nine-axial main facade will attract the attention, above all, with its triangular sign with waluable plastic coat - of - arms.

Read more: MANOR HOUSE IN BUDIMÍR

More Articles...

  1. SOLIVAR NEAR PREŠOV

Subcategories

Page 2 of 3