The exhibition of chemistry was made accessible in STM in 1971 as the only Museum exhibition in Slovakia, designed to show the history of chemistry and the chemical industry. The matical is devided to the three parts. The entry part takes the visitor to the period of the antiquity, where he can be acquainted hisself with the chronological development opinions to the substance of the material, from the idea of Aristoteleś elements -that are representatives of the basic property of the prehistorical material until Demokrit´s theory of the atom.
The elements of scientific chemistry, especialy law of the preservation of material, Daltonś theory about the elements, the teachings of Gay Lussac about the combination of the gas, the notion´s the atom material, equivalent, valence, are completed in the exhibition the overview about the importance of the discoveries and processes in the beginnings of the chemistry. In the first part of the exhibition the memory is dedicated to Banská Štiavnica, to the name of which is related the establish one of the oldest Mining High School - the first Technical High Schoolon the world.
The first Faculty, that was founded in 1763 for the department of chemistry, mineralogy and metallurgy, has played a pioneer role in the field of the laboratory teaching of chemistry. By the review the visitor engages the attention the light arranged elements board of Mendelejev.In the part of exposition there are in the glass cabinets exhibited sets of the older chemical aids, instruments and equipments,documented a cross -section of the development of the basic laboratory operations and chemical analytical methods. There are exhibited the sets of the spirit and gas laboratory burners - lamps. Engage the attention at that time alcohol and gas burners, that were used in laboratories on the end of 19th and at the beginning of the 20th century. In the part that is devoted to the organic analysis there can be seen the gas and electrical furnace for the organical analysis and it is possible to compare it with the picturation of the oldest apparatus for the organical analysis according Lavoisier from 1789, Gay Lussac and Ténard from 1810, Berzel from 1821 and others.In this part there are the sets of graphiteś and ceramic ’s experimental curcibles, curcible´s furnace, retorts, evaporating pans atc. There is illustrated one of the oldest laboratory process that is used to the separation of the liquid compositions. On the podium there is situated the older destilling apparatus from copper - destilation vessel with alembic. In its near there is exhibited half - operationed destilling column. The visitor can see here the modern destilation vessel - the vacuum circulation´s evapor, too, that serves to the evaporation of the dilute solution in food, chemical and pharmaceutical industry. The third part of the exposition is presented to the overview of the analytical methods. Polarography - electro-chemical analytical method - it is indispensable in the many branches of chemistry. Polarography was discovered by Prof Jaroslav Heyrovský /1890-1967/to whom has been given in 1959 Nobel Prize for chemistry. On the board we can see the photoreproduction of the diploma and gold medal, as the pictures from the award Nobel Prize, too.